Some of Traverse Legal's customers prefer to be billed on a time-based system, where hours are tracked and billed to the client at a specific hourly rate. Some cases are best suited for time-based billing. Unlike most other firms, Traverse Legal does not bill for every activity and task associated with the handling of a matter for a client.
The following is a list of items that we do not charge to clients:
- Transmittal letters which do not contain significant legal analysis or recommendations.
- Short phone calls that do not lead to immediate legal work.
- Update or general information calls to or from client.
- Any activity that does not add value to client’s immediate matter.
- Any activity which deals with general information about the client.
- Any activity which does not work towards resolution of the client’s problem.
Things that we do bill for:
- Any activity which provides specific value to a specific client problem.