Social Media Trademark Infringement Update: Facebook trademark infringement and twitter trademark infringement continue to be a serious problem for brand owners.
Facebook and Twitter have become a cesspool of trademark infringement and copyright infringement claims. Essentially, people set up twitter accounts and add feeds from popular websites and blogs. They brand the twitter account using the trademark protected logo of a third party and then see how much traffic they can drive. If you or your company is experiencing brand-jacking on Twitter, contact one of our internet attorneys for more information about your rights and successful approaches to having the infringing content removed. If you do not protect your trademark registrations and copyrights, who will?
How to protect yourself from trademark infringement on Facebook and Twitter:
- Social Media Trademark Issues: Protecting yourself and your company from trademark infringement on Facebook. Facebook is allowing personalized URLs to be added to accounts ...
- A new form of trademark misuse is rapidly growing ... Trademark Infringement On Facebook & Twitter.
- Cybersquatting the Social Networks: A New Trademark Risk on Facebook and Twitter.
- Facebooks Trademark Policy - If you select a username for your account we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
- Twitter Trademark Policy. Using a company or business name, logo, or other trademark-protected materials in a manner that may mislead or confuse others with regard to its brand or business affiliation may be considered a trademark policy violation.