Global Cricket Ventures faces cybersquatting challenge with its acquired domain Cricket.com. The domain name, cricket.com, was acquired as part of a settlement agreement with Live Current Media, who previously owned the domain and used it to feature ads for wireless phones. Now, a domain dispute (case number 1364860) has commenced with the National Arbitration Forum (NAF) and some speculate that the complainant to be Cricket Wireless, a U.S. based company which owns the domain mycricket.com, and have been aggressively acquiring “Cricket” related domain names in recent years:
- mycrickit.com and cricketcellular.com;
- cricketphonestore.com, et. al.;
- mycircket.com and wwmycricket.com;
- cricketcommunications.com, et. al.;
- jmycricket.com, et. al.;
Trademark Registration has become much more important with the advent of the Internet because virtually every company’s website is now global. When trying to determine how to trademark a name, you should consult an attorney who specializes in trademark registration. Trademarking your name correctly has become more important in order to avoid attack later.
If you have a trademark or domain dispute issue, or wish to register a trademark, you may contact one of our trademark attorneys for a free evaluation or call one at 866-936-7447.
- Cricket.com Faces Cybersquatting Challenge; Elephant Capital To Restructure GCV Investment - Medianama.com
- Cricket.com domain name challenged as cybersquatting - Domainnamewire.com
- Global Cricket Ventures Doesn’t Know If It Still Has CLT20, IPL Digital Rights - Medianama.com
- Cricket Wireless Gets a Domain Name Upgrade - Domainnamewire.com
- Private Equity Fund Invests $10M in GCV, Owner of Cricket.com - Domainnamewire.com
- Live Current (Communicate.com) Signs $50 Million Cricket Deal - Domainnamewire.com