Attorney Brian Hall
- 2010 SuperLawyers Michigan Rising Star
Summer Associate, Traverse Legal PLC,, Traverse City, MI, May 2006-Aug. 2006.
Drafted complaints, answers, discovery, trial briefs, various motions, and legal memorandum primarily dealing with IP, contract, and general civil litigation matters. Gained experience with WIPO domain name dispute arbitration, trademark filing, non-compete agreement matters, and various other general civil matters. Observed depositions, civil hearings, and settlement negotiations.
Law Clerk, United States Attorney’s Office-MDFL, Tampa, FL, June 2005-Aug. 2005.
Drafted legal memorandum, client letters, and motions as part of the Civil Division. Observed civil hearings, civil trials, and criminal trials in the United States Federal District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
Team Lead, Accenture, Cincinnati, OH, 7/2002 – 7/2004.
Responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of a global business intelligence solution. Served as the subject matter expert for all service and performance management reporting capabilities. Worked with clients in various industries to collect business requirements and interacted with developers to create a new reporting and outsourcing capability. Became certified in ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) and contributed to the development of the processes and procedures that governed the Cincinnati Solution Center. Regularly traveled to personally interact with team members, clients, and outsourcing partners.
REPRESENTATIVE UDRP EXPERIENCE
The Camping and Caravanning Club Limited v. [Registrant], FA1268447 (Nat. Arb. Forum Aug. 3, 2009) (ordering the transfer of campingandcaravanningclub.net, and in doing so, finding that the totality of circumstances satisfied the bad faith use requirement despite no active use in connection with a website)
PetMed Express, Inc. v. JLB a/k/a/ Joseph Brinton, D2009-0179 (WIPO April 6, 2009) (successfully defended 5 domain names that all incorporated the term “pet med(s)”)
SPB Software House v. Pluto Domain Services Private Limited, FA245355 (Nat. Arb. Forum Mar. 20, 2009).
The Weather Underground, Inc. v. Navigation Catalyst Systems, Inc. , FA221002 (Nat. Arb. Forum October 13, 2008) (41 domains transferred)
It’s Just Lunch International LLC v. Dialog Software, FA177284 (Nat. Arb. Forum June 10, 2008) (successfully defended)
Zontec Ozone, Inc. v. 3v Networks, D2008-0202 (WIPO May 26, 2008)
Tahiti One Travel v. Alexandre Menini, FA152430 (Nat. Arb. Forum April 4, 2008)
The Weather Underground, Inc. v. Click Cons. Ltd, FA152428 (Nat. Arb. Forum April 2, 2008)
American Wealth Alliance, Inc. v. KB a/k/a Katarzyna Bieniek, FA139762 (Nat. Arb. Forum March 17, 2008)
Eric Haddad Koenig v. All Ltd, Selena Kovalski, D2008-0322 (WIPO June 17, 2008) (successfully defended)
J.D., Michigan State University College of Law, 2007, cum laude
-Michigan State Law Review, Executive Editor, 2006-2007
-Michigan State Law Review, Staff, 2005-2006
-Trial Practice Certificate Program
-MSU College of Law American Inn of Court, Member, 2006-2007
B.S., Miami University, Richard T. Farmer School of Business, 2002
-Management Information Systems Major, Marketing Minor, Business Consulting Concentration
-Phi Kappa Psi National Fraternity
MEMBERSHIP and AFFILIATIONS
- Michigan State Bar, admitted November 2007
- IT Law Section State Bar of Michigan, Council Member and Previous Newsletter Editor
- Michigan State University College of Law, Alumni Association Board of Directors
- International Trademark Association (INTA), Member
- International Technology Law Association (ITechLaw), Member
- Standing Committee on Publications and Website Advisory for the State Bar of Michigan, Board Member (2008)
- Intellectual Property Law Section State Bar of Michigan, Member
- Domainnamenews.com, Editor (2007-2009)
- Grand Traverse Leelanau Antrim (GTLA) Bar Association, Board of Governors
- United Way of Northwest Michigan, Board of Directors
- Rotary Club of Traverse City, Member
- ConnecTech Grand Traverse Bay, Board of Directors
- Miami University Alumni Association Northwest Michigan, Co-Founder/President
ARTICLES, INTERVIEWS, and PUBLICATIONS
- Protection of Descriptive Trademarks Requires Proof of Secondary Meaning or Acquired Distinctiveness
- Trademark Opposition, Cancellation, and the TTAB
- Attorney Threat Letters, Cease & Desist and Notice Letters Alleging Trademark Infringement: Understand Your Options & Risks
- Top 5 Benefits of Trademark Registration
- The difference between Federal and State Trademark registrations
- Do I need a Trademark Lawyer to Register with the Trademark Office?
- Trademark Monitoring Is the Key To Trademark Protection
- Online Trademark Infringement: The Unauthorized Use of Trademarks as Keywords for Online Advertisements
- Ezine Articles
- Click-Wrap Agreements: "I Accept" That Michigan Will Enforce These Agreements (GTLA Bar Association Newsletter, Summer 2008)
- Presenter, Center For Competitive Management, "Revenue Per Lawyer: Increasing Profitability in a Down Economoy" (February 11, 2009)
Northern Michigan outdoor activities, running, fishing, golfing, volunteering, attending sporting events, and spending time with wife Katie, daughter Isabelle, and other family and friends.